Monday, November 16, 2009

Presented at TAEA/ and it was a TRIP!

This weekend was the TN art educators state wide conference in Gatlinburg TN at Arrowmont School for Crafts! As mentioned in earlier blogs I was selected as a super- session presenter! My presentation was called "Art for All tricks and tips for your Inclusion friendly classroom!" The morning of my presentation (which it was at 1pm) I tripped and fell down the stairs in the house I was staying at on Arrowmont campus and sprained my ankle. First an ambulance crew came- told me I needed x-rays because they couldn't tell how bad my ankle was without it. So someone from TAEA brought me to the doctor there in Gatlinburg. I was so upset at that point I truly did not think that we were going to make it back in time for my presentation! Fortunately they after sitting there a while we were in and out and able to make it back in time to present! I had 20 people show up-some stood in back because a lack of seating even! Miss Bonnie even came and sat front row. I had started late, didn't have lunch, and still received rave reviews from my peers on my presentation! Afterwards the only criticism that my mentor gave me was that I should not have read from the slides- this I did not know but now know for nationals! Kelly said other than that I was dead on every point that I made, thought it was great I had so many questions, and that the resources I brought were awesome!

Aside from my awesome experience presenting I also got to make a honey dipper in wood turning which was SO MUCH FUN!!!! Below is a photo of my honey dipper and Miss Bonnie Rushlow holding up my boot after my presentation!





No comments:

Post a Comment