Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Years Resolution: Art with a Purpose!!!!

Debi West is an absolutely incredible art teacher and inspiration to me! We met this past summer at the Tennessee Arts Academy where she was a workshop instructor. After learning about the Memory Project, I asked Debi if she would be interested in having her students create portraits of my students. She enthusiastically accepted my proposal and the results were amazing!

Just a few of the portraits by Debi West's students!


In the spirit of "paying it forward" and continuing the notion of "Art with a Purpose" my students' made some really beautiful cards for soldiers that are fighting down in Iraq. A good friend of mine is currently serving in Iraq until July, when I asked her if I could send her anything she asked for mascara, a pumas stone, and cards from my students. All easy enough. I know that those cards will certainly be able to make the days of many soldiers who are far away from home. KDS students' did a wonderful job on this assignment and really enjoyed doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment