Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mexican Yarn Paintings

After completing circle weavings with third grade and loom weavings with fourth grade, I was left with all kinds of scraps of yarn. I remembered a friend of mine showing me her students yarn paintings that she did with kindergarten that were so cute! So I did some online research, came up with an introduction to the lesson, and taught this activity with all grades. All the students enjoyed doing this and they came with some really creative results. Check out more on our Artsonia page!






Check out this link for more information on this lesson plan!
http://www.dickblick.com/multicultural/huichol/ 


4 comments:

  1. Kindergarten! That really impresses me! Way to go. I'm still trying to get some of our bilingual K's to write their name and use materials appropriately. I'm sure a few of my reg ed K's would be able to do this. How hard was it to control putting the yarn down? Does it take a lot of patience? Do you put the glue on the board first or on the yarn?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were done with all grade levels. Not many of the kindergarten works were as good as the ones pictured above. Check out my artsonia though because they should be showing up on there in the next day or so. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can't believe I didn't have you in my sidebar as I have been visiting here for quite a while. My entire blog is becoming outdated. I need to set aside a good day to update links and the look! :) I love this project and will have to try it! :)

    Best,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete