Monday, February 21, 2011

2nd Grade Shading



It is truly amazing what 2nd graders are capable of!




In teaching my students value, we are kinda working backwards, or maybe it is in the right order, I'm not sure. My second graders I taught them what tints and shades were, and we made three of each. Now I recently placed a softball in front of them and attempted to teach them about value and shading in it's practical application- rather than in a design. I was really amazed with some of their little pencil drawings.


Of course not all of my students works turned out this fabulous. See all of them in our artsonia gallery!

1 comment:

  1. These pencil drawings are really amazing, especially coming from your second graders.

    When I find the courage I might try a similar approach :)

    ReplyDelete