Saturday, March 5, 2011

Teachers' bargaining rallies held at Tenn. Capitol | The Associated Press | News | Washington Examiner

Teachers' bargaining rallies held at Tenn. Capitol | The Associated Press | News | Washington Examiner

This is what I did today... I went and rallied for my teacher collective bargaining rights in the state of Tennessee in downtown Nashville. Thousands of teachers and supporters came from around the state (and Tennessee is a BIG state.) Step up and speak out for your rights as a teacher! E-mail your local and state representatives, make phone calls, write letters, and even pay them a friendly visit. Don't let your state's government take away your teacher benefits!

In regards to the turn out of us in the rainy weather, one speaker commented "we have bus duty in worse weather than this!" So true! I don't know to many other groups of people who wouldn't let the rain get in their way. After standing in the rain, soaking wet for 3 hours, I would and will do it all again.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that quote on NPR. :) Thanks for bein a soldier, girl.

    ReplyDelete